Monday, June 13, 2011

We're Going to Be Grandparents!

Yes, Maggie and I are going to be grandparents. Our daughter Lindsi and her husband Stephen are pregnant with our first granddaughter.  Several weeks ago, Lindsi had a sonogram and her doctor recorded the images on a dvd.  That evening we had a Skype conversation, and we were actually able to see the images of our little twenty-two week old Audrianna on our computer screen.  It was amazing - absolutely amazing.  We saw her little profile, her perfectly formed little body, her tiny fingers.  While we watched, Audrianna put her thumb in her mouth and reached down and grabbed on to her little feet.  Our precious Audrianna was created by God and is loved by Him.  She has an eternal destiny.  We are so excited to be grandparents.
The following day, Saturday, I was weeding the tropical flowers around our house with my machete.  As I worked, I thought about the more than fifty million little babies just like Audrianna who have been murdered through abortion in my country.  I felt  a sense of deep shame and anger in the pit of my stomach. 
Oh, God, how the cries of the innocent must come before you even as the blood of Abel, who was murdered by his brother, cried out for justice.  God, if you strip us of our material prosperity, and if you cause our enemies to rise up against us, are you not being just?  Oh God, bring us to repentance and turn us back to you.

1 comment:

The Entrekins said...

Excited for you both and of course Lindsi and Stephen, too. You will be wonderful grandparents!