Our family has grown by three. We can imagine your response, "What? Maggie's had triplets? Have Nate and Maggie pulled an Abraham and Sarah?" Well, not exactly.
In January, we had three interns come to live with us and to join us in ministry. They each work at one of the Students International ministry sites. They also help us host short-term outreach
teams. We've been blessed by their enthusiasm and willingness to serve.
Katie is from California. She recently graduated as a preschool teacher and is helping to teach at one of our preschools. The Dominican teaching staff at the school love her.
Rachel comes to us from Indiana.
Her family has a dairy farm, so she has farming experience. She is working with our agriculture site. She has connected well with children of the community.
Laura is from Pennsylvania. She graduated from nursing school last fall and felt God calling her to serve in missions before beginning her nursing career. She is assisting the doctors at our medical site.
We laugh about the male/female ratio at our house. Maggie, Chastity, Andrea, Katie, Rachel, Laura, Arlene (staff member who also lives with us) - that makes seven females. Even our dog is a female. In spite of being outnumbered, Nate seems to be surviving just fine.
3 comments:
awww, I am jealous that I am not a part of your family down there. I am excited to see how God has provided three servants to help spread His great news!! That is amazing and I am sure Jarabacoa will be blessed. I miss you and we shall talk soon.
Nate, maybe you should pick up a male gold fish or something, or even a pet rock to even the odds a bit.
hahaha
oh that's awesome.
i will see you all in less than a month! (i just can't stay away)
Post a Comment