Monday, January 01, 2007

Signs of Revival

Since May of 2006, God has been moving us at Students International to pray for revival in the Dominican Republic - a supernatural move of God that brings radical transformation. Other pastors, churches, and ministries in Jarabacoa have been praying as well.

A week ago, Francisco, our art site leader, told me that while he was praying, God gave him the idea to host a New Years Eve service and invite all the churches in and around Jarabacoa. It would be a service focused on unity among the churches and revival for the nation. He had already talked with some of the pastors, had gotten positive feedback, and was wondering what I thought. I said, "Francisco, do it. I believe it's from the Lord. How I can help?" So Francisco began preparation for the event. Roasted pork and yucca was ordered. The lawn was manicured, outdoor lighting rigged up, and a platform was brought in. You could feel excitement and anticipation.


On New Years Eve, the program began at 9:00 p.m. with praise and worship. Francisco had me follow up with a look at revivals of the past and a challenge to believe God for a revival for our city. After the meal, other pastors spoke about the need for unity and the need to repent for attitudes that destroy unity and hinder the move of God.

There was more worship. We sang songs of prayer, asking for peace and forgiveness for our city - asking God to help us see with his eyes and feel with his heart. As we approached the new year, pastors came to the platform to lead us in prayer for revival, prayer for unity among the churches, prayer for the civic leaders, and prayers of repentance. Approximately two hundred people were part of this event, representing at least eleven different churches.

God is at work. There is a stirring, a desire for unity, a passion for a supernatural move of God in our city. These are the beginnings of revival. Continue to join us in intercession for revival.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

PRAISE GOD!! Yes, like Socks said, we also brought in the new year by worshiping our great God at Urbana. I have been praying for the DR, so I am encouraged by the first signs of revival. Let's continue to get on our knees and call out to God on behalf of His people.

Love,
Cammy

Amy said...

Wow...Praise the Lord. I am eagerly anticipating joining with you!!